Our Vision is to position NCBC as the recognized thought leader, authority and ‘go to’ resource for sustainable business practices and policies in North Carolina.
NCBC defines sustainability in business as a triple bottom line of environmental stewardship, social responsibility and equitable prosperity. (People, Planet, Profit.)
We envision a business environment where all people have the opportunity to participate in and reap the benefits from the growth of our economy.
Every day, NCBC is committed to making our Vision become reality by providing high quality service to our members and organizational partners.
Our Statement of Principles:
- Small businesses are the major driver of a healthy North Carolina economy.
- Business leaders motivated by enlightened self-interest (doing well by doing good) act in the best interest of all North Carolinians.
- Responsible economic development raises the standard of living of all North Carolinians.
- Companies that are growing and creating jobs should lead the way in developing fair and balanced tax policy.
- Good environmental policies enhance businesses at the forefront of job creation and attract desirable industries.
- Investments in education and infrastructure will yield an innovative and prosperous citizenry.
- Promoting North Carolina’s local products and services strengthens our economy, raises wages, and builds in-state wealth.
- Clean energy and green building are economic development and job growth opportunities that improve health and quality of life for North Carolinians.
- Business leaders have a social responsibility to improve the environment in which we live and work, thereby improving the health of citizens.