We advocate for North Carolina's mission-driven business leaders who want a better place to live, work, operate a business and create jobs.
The North Carolina Business Council connects and empowers business leaders to build a healthy, resilient economy that benefits all North Carolinians.
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
- Small businesses are the major driver of a healthy North Carolina economy.
- Business leaders motivated by enlightened self-interest (doing well by doing good) act in the best interest of all North Carolinians.
- Responsible economic development raises the standard of living of all North Carolinians.
- Companies that are growing and creating jobs should lead the way in developing fair and balanced tax policy.
- Good environmental policies enhance businesses at the forefront of job creation and attract desirable industries.
- Investments in education and infrastructure will yield an innovative and prosperous citizenry.
- Promoting North Carolina’s local products and services strengthens our economy, raises wages, and builds in-state wealth.
- Clean energy and green building are economic development and job growth opportunities that improve health and quality of life for North Carolinians.
- Business leaders have a social responsibility to improve the environment in which we live and work, thereby improving the health of citizens.
A SAMPLING OF OUR ACTIVITIES
- 2015 - Press event highlighting the negative impacts of climate change on agricultural businesses.
- 2014 - Congressional testimony about the importance of strengthening EPA clean water regulations.
- 2013 - Op-Ed Campaign in favor of the Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard (REPS).