Small Business Health Care Act
A new study on corporate issues reveals how YOUR customers feel about companies that support social or environmental issues and how likely they are to buy your goods and services. Here are a few of the highlights:
• 87% would buy a product with a social and environmental benefit if given the opportunity.
• 68% of millennials bought a product with a social or environmental benefit in the past 12 months.
• 87% of consumers will have a more positive image of a company that supports social or environmental issues.
• 88% will be more loyal to a company that supports social or environmental issues.
• 92% will be more likely to trust a company that supports social or environmental issues.
This study and others confirm that YOUR customers are concerned about the future and are expecting companies to be engaged in the process of making an impact when it comes to social and environmental matters. More importantly, they recognize that their finances are a vehicle to influence change.
Even so, many NC leaders and policy makers have lagged in creating policies that support the advancement of socially responsible business practices. This is hampering your ability to provide quality products that your customers are demanding. In 2019, NC Business Council will be committed to advocating for policies that advance the following practices:
*Resilient economic policies that support existing corporations and local main street businesses
*Environmental quality the promotes clean energy, water and air and climate change
*Election integrity to create bipartisan redistricting reform and maximize voter turnout
*Diversity and inclusion in the workplace and government procurement
*Innovative farm and agriculture business initiatives